Director of Project Management
Breakout Studio is seeking a Director of Project Management
Breakout Studio is seeking a Director of Project Management to join our growing team. We are looking for a positive and energetic team leader that has a solid background in managing projects and thrives in collaborative environments. You’ll be working with a cross-functional team of designers, developers, writers, and communications professionals to build and empower brands across a variety of industries.
As a Director of Project Management you will lead project management and client engagement across projects and client relationships; help win and nurture client relationships; mentor and grow a team of project managers; help foster a positive work environment and culture within the office; and ultimately help make Breakout Studio a success.
- Be our first point of contact for clients and partners.
- Help define and grow our project management discipline through process, training and mentorship and proactively address areas for improvement.
- Lead our project management team on a day-to-day basis.
- Help track company performance, client and project budgets and retainers and team utilization.
- Function as a point of contact and liaison within our team to ensure effective communication.
- Help identify opportunities to ensure our clients have their needs met, are happy, and stay with us for the long haul.
- Nurture existing client relationships and help set the agenda for future growth and to ensure client expectations are met.
- Participate in, and lead the process for, new business opportunities through pitching, scoping and planning.
- Track project progress and communicate this internally and externally.
- Manage multiple projects, clients, and deadlines while balancing priorities.
- Help manage testing, proofing, and production of our final deliverables, be they print, environmental or digital in nature.
- Encourage collaboration within the team to promote camaraderie and a positive atmosphere
- 8-10 years of Project Management experience in an agency environment including digital experience.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring other project managers, managing multiple simultaneous clients and projects within budgetary constraints and schedule deadlines.
- Proficiency with standard Project Management tools and process including the ability to craft Project Plans and schedules using project management software
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple daily task priorities while helping the team prioritize their tasks and deadlines
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and experience with project team management — must be a skilled communicator that is clearly able to articulate project needs targeted to different skill sets and personality types
- Demonstrated ability to push past project challenges using advanced problem-solving skills and techniques
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to scope new project work
- Bachelor degree or equivalent education
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email us your resume at email@example.com and include a few sentences that tells us why you’re interested in this position.
Come join us!
Breakout Studio is a full-service branding, marketing and communications agency
composed of communicators, designers and developers who mix decades of experience
with a good dose of intuition, street smarts and audacity. We operate in in service of
strengthening your brand and growing your business.